February 24, 2010

Black History Month, Math Problem Solving

BLACK HISTORY MONTH
For those who still need material to introduce famous African-Americans, I suggest this printable:
Mini-Book of Famous African Americans, suggested for 2nd-4th grades, from TeacherVision.com

MATH PROBLEM-SOLVING
I've had a request from a 3rd grade teacher/friend of mine here in Texas for multi-step math problem-solving tips and tools. I know you don't have much time to go back to the basics during what I call "Testing Season," (you know, like hunting season?) but this link will take you to some great practice in demonstrating understanding of the problem/question by restating it another way.
John Rickey's Better Answer Game
Mr. Rickey's site is a self-proclaimed source of materials for special needs students, but I think you'll find many, many useful ideas and downloadables for a wide variety of students.

Please remember that I welcome your comments and suggestions, so feel free to click the envelope below if you'd like to post your thoughts!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home