February 4, 2010

Google For Educators

Hello Friends,
Please forgive my absence in recent days; I have been out of state, trying to help my dad with some medical issues. I'm hoping I can make it up to you by sharing several great free ideas today.

I realize that some schools are very advanced technology-wise, and others are still in the early stages of integrating technology into teaching and learning. The world's most popular search engine, Google, has a branch called Google For Educators. Here you will find a list of Google products that are helpful to teachers grades K-12, and examples of how educators have used them. You can choose a classroom activity, print out posters about how to search Google, or find step-by-step instructions to make a class website. Another activity you might want to involve your class with is the contest going on now for students grades K-12 which gives them a chance to see their design featured as the logo for Google.

Speaking of technology, I just want to remind you of two features I 've built into this site that I hope will make your life easier.
On the left side of this post is a widget that you can copy and paste onto any page you like. For example, if you use Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, if you have your own blog or website, if you have iGoogle desktop, etc., you can simply copy the code for the Free Teacher Tips and Tools widget, and you can read my postings without taking the time to come to this site. I know how busy you are!
On the right side of my posts, there is a widget I thought might help you called Teachable Days. This tool lists all the major special days you might be celebrating each month; be sure to scroll down within the widget to find this feature, along with the individual days listed. The great thing is that, if you click on the title of one of the days or months listed, you will be taken to more free activities to use! Free tips and tools within the Free Tips and Tools!
Reminder: please feel free to email me with any questions or comments you might have, or just post them here!    Miss M.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home